Monday, November 30, 2009

Absolutely Nothing

Hello faithful readers, I'm sure you've all wandered away in boredom, after so many fruitless days spent waiting for my updates. I don't know if you will forgive me for my silence if I say there has been literally nothing worth writing about. I still have not taught a single class, nor have I explored much more of Korea. I've made some friends and I see them frequently, and sometimes we make our way to museums or other notable historic sites, but mostly I surf the web and chat with friends. My life is actually quite boring right now. I'm more or less entertaining myself, but right now it is not quite the international experience I had envisioned.

Items worth noting: in February I will likely be visiting either Thailand or Vietnam: both cheap destinations full of tasty food. We get a week off for lunar new year, and there is a chance I will actually have some teaching experience by then. Hurray I say!

I've written a couple of cool units for our upcoming Intensive Winter Program, and I might even get to teach them. I've learned a few more words of Korean, and engaged in some entertaining pantomimes to get my point across. I found a goth club (!!!!) which was a highly entertaining experience, and I'm pretty comfortable finding my way around Seoul. I made a friend in the army, so I've gotten to see what life on base is like, and I get a few American goodies now and then. Otherwise, I sort of feel like I'm just passing the time. No doubt things will get more interesting once I start teaching, but I do still worry that it might never happen: if the program goes under before my year is up, I may resign at another school in order to get a more complete cultural experience. I'm not sure I want to be here for another full year, though.

It's hard to write an update blog when there's not much to update! I promise, if I have something cool to say, I will say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment